Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Free Audio: Pilgrims, Puritans & the Founding of America

The turkey is in the smoker, and that leaves me plenty of time to relax and do other things.  I always try to read a portion of Plimoth Plantation as it was written by my great-grandfather (13 generations ago).  I'll be the first to admit it's not the easiest read in the world and you may want something else to share with your children. This year I learned about a free audio being offered by Great Homeschool Conventions and one of next year's speakers -- Michael Medved.  All you have to do is sign up for their email list.



I used to listen to Mr. Medved's radio program  and especially loved the holidays when they would play recordings of lectures on American history.  This one on Pilgrims is especially good (and I'm not just saying that because of family bias).  If you get the chance, download the audio and remember the first Thanksgiving with your family --  remember it's really not just Black Friday Eve. 


Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Ozark Ramblings and get my posts in your inbox.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...