Friday, August 20, 2010

Tornado Warning

Just as I was about to tell Schnickelfritz that it was time to get ready for bed the weather alert radio came on.  Doppler radar was predicting a tornado about eight miles to the west and we were supposed to seek shelter immediately.   I made everyone get shoes on (if the worst should happen we did not want to have to walk on broken glass in bare feet) and we headed to the basement bathroom.

First let me just say how greatful I am that our new house has a basement--not very common where we lived in Indiana.  The fact that I can take shelter from the storm AND   take care of any personal emergencies if you know what I mean, is just the cherry on top.

Fritz and I were snuggled in the tub.  Since it's only used when we're washing the dog or have house guests it was dry.  To make the tub more comfortable Fritz stuffed it with his Colts/Pacers blanket, Bobby the teddy-bear, the alphabet caterpillar, and two pillows.  It a wonder I managed to fit in as well.  The Toolman was running in and out to check on the situation.  Della, our dog, was curled up in the bottom of the linen closet.

We prayed together for God's protection and waited for an all clear.   The shower curtain is a large map of the world and Fritz and I took turns playing 20 questions to guess which country the other had spotted.   Isn't it wonderful that God's peace allowed us to do such a mundane activity in spite of the raging storm going on around us.

4 comments:

World Wide News Flash said...

Ozark Ramblings | Tornado Warning...

I found your entry interesting do I've added a Trackback to it on my weblog :)...

mom244now said...

Wow...hope you made it thru that! I'm just visiting with the TOS group

thehappyhomeschoolmom said...

Glad you have a place to go in bad weather. I just gave you the Sunshine Blog award, stop by my blog for the details.

Lisa
http://thehappyhomeschoolmom.blogspot.com

MOmama said...

Wow, I've never won anything before. Thanks Lisa!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...