Thursday, July 22, 2010

for the perfect frozen slushie drink.  My Schnickelfriz and I often stop at the QuickTrip to get a frozen black cherry slushie.  As the weather has gotten hotter, we've been stopping more frequently.   My tightwad instincts are that I can do it better and cheaper at home--it's just a matter of getting the right combination of black cherry Koolaid, sugar, water and ice. 

Another thing I want to try and make is a FlipFold shirt folder so Fritz can fold his own laundry.  I've seen the TV commercial but am unwilling to fork over $20 plus shipping.  I've found several people who have shared their home version on the internet--most seem to use cardboard.  I'm wondering if foam core board would be more sturdy?  Next trip to Walmart I'm going to get supplies.   I'll keep everyone posted.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hello! Have you created your perfect slushie yet?

Anyway, I'm stopping by from the TOS Crew to let you know that your blog is part of this week's Blog Walk.

Have a great week!

MOmama said...

I'm getting there. I've tried a 1:1 and a 2:1 ratio of liquid to ice. I've also used the black cherry koolaid to make the ice cubes so it doesn't dilute the drink. I feel like I'm on America's Test Kitchen. I'll try to post about it when I get back from Branson.

Julie said...

Now you got me thinking! It's hot, slushy sounds good...hmmm maybe black cherry syrup and sprite...mix and put into freezer in metal pan, scrape sides every 1/2 hour or so, until mostly frozen...maybe it'll work, can do it with coffee, so why not soda?? Anyway, stopping by from the crew! Have fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...