Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sick Day

My Schnickelfritz had a bout of "The Yuckies" today, unable to keep anything down until late this afternoon.   We were able to spend the day snuggled under warm blankets reading On the Banks of Plum Creek .  Fritz also wanted me to read his chess book--it's really a workbook by Championship Chess, not exactly reading material.  I read it to him anyway, in a comforting voice while scratching his back.  It reminded me of when he was a baby and I'd read aloud to him magazine articles that I was interested in, but in soothing tones as if I were reading a fairy tale.


We also watched Swiss Family Robinson.  He'd drift in and out of sleep.  Then we'd have to skip backwords so he could see what he'd missed.  The afternoon ended with watching deer in our back yard.  We've had three visit us daily for the past two weeks.  Fritz has names two of them Bucky and Emily, but hasn't settled on a name for the third one yet.


THis has really been the first time he's been sick since I stopped working outside the home.  It was so nice to be able to focus just on him and having to make phone calls to sitters and my job, not having to try and get work done from home, or worrying about how big the pile will have grown when I go back.   I didn't want a sick kid, but I've really felt blessed today that I was doing what I was supposed to be doing--if that makes sense.


Post Script --Fritz is feeling much better and has mentioned that it's been a l-o-n-g   time since he's eaten pizza.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...