Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Math Overload

Someone neglected to tell me that January has been designated "Math Month."  At least that's how it feels.  By my count we have five math products to review right now for the Homeschool Crew.  At least it's Fritz's favorite subject but I'm a little concerned about jumping from product to product.  We're waaayyy ahead of schedule in our Math-U-See Beta book so I'm giving it a rest for the month.   I do recognize the importance of giving kids a strong foundation in math.  My mother has started volunteering at her church's school.  She tutors 3rd and 4th graders in math and reading.  She swears that she must have had the measles or something and been out of school when they covers 7's, 8's and 9's in the times tables.  To show the students how important it is, she's committed to learning them right along with the students.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...