Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Cinnamon Blueberry Smoothie

I haven't blogged about it lately, but I'm still making green smoothies for breakfast.   This is the best one so far--but don't judge it by it's color. I've seen this shade of green when changing diapers.  In fact, when we served it to Papa and Schnickelfritz I suggested we turn the lights out before bringing in the glasses.  One taste though and the cinnamon and honey won everyone over.  It comes from 50 Superfoods Green Smoothie Recipes by Rebecca Fallon.


Cinnamon Blueberry Flaxseed Smoothie

2 Cups      beet greens
1               sliced apple (we used Gala)
1/2 Cup    blueberries  (ours were frozen)
1               banana
1/2 t.         cinnamon
1 T            honey
1 T            flaxseed
1 C            cold water


One year I made blueberry spice jam as Christmas gifts so I already knew combining them with cinnamon was a winning combination. 

1 comment:

Lisa Boyle said...

Thanks so much for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday!" I am going to be featuring this recipe this week! :-) Congratulations! :-) :-) Be sure to stop by and grab an "I've been featured" button for your blog! The post will go live around 11pm Eastern on Monday evening. Many blessings, Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...