Whenever I gather with other home school moms and we chat about favorite subjects I am always in the minority. I favor math and science--both when I was the student and now as a teach my son. When I taught a hands-on science class at co-op all the other moms were telling me how brave I was to tackle a subject they found intimidating. From my perspective, the hardest challenge was finding experiment that the kids would find fun but were still packed with learning. Our latest review product from Supercharged Science may be just the help for everyone concerned. Their e-Science subscription series offers a plethora of streaming videos with a real rocket scientist explaining concepts for the intimidated set. For those just looking for fun experiments--there are HUNDREDS! Seriously, there are about 900 activities, experiments & projects.
- Energy 1 (Levers & Pulleys)
- Energy 2 (Potential & Kinetic)
- Chemistry 1 (Molecules, Atoms & Chemical Kinetics)
- Alternative Energy
- Chemistry 2 (Reactions, Bonds, Acids & Bases)
- Life Science 1 (Living Organisms, Cells, Genetics, Microscopes)
- Life Science 2 (Prokaryotes, Plants, Protists & Fungi)
- Biology 1 ( Invertebrates, Fishes, Amphibians, Reptiles, Birds & Mammals)
- Biology 2 (Skin, Bones, Muscles, Cardiovascular)
- Earth Science--Coming Soon
|Blowing over paper lowers air pressure, making it rise|
You can use the e-Science program as a stand alone program going from unit to unit (think of it as delight-directed--if you kid wants to learn about astrophysics, let him) or you may download PDF files on which units correlate with popular science curricula like Apologia, A Beka and Switched on Schoolhouse.